Soon to bid farewell.
jasmine, jeanie n yingzhi. The 2 pals whose presence God used to make NUS a place like home for me. *thanks, gals*Saluting the shelves where we get our rough papers from--they are actually course descriptions. Well, we're helping to save the trees, since no1 uses these papers anyway...All right BAD excuse. Haha!
For 16 years of my life I'd been crying out loud for school to end.
And finally, the end has come.
It's my last semester at NUS. It's scary, it's sad, and i'm trying hard to appreciate every of my final days as a student. Especially in this place that God has graciously granted me a place in. I will never forget how, while studying for my A's in NUS library (i was sneaked in by my friend), i looked around and wished so much it would be a place i could rightfully be at. Well, A levels were a nightmare for me and so were my results.
C, C, D. What crap, I thought when i saw these awful grades. I cried while walking out from ACJC, i remember.
Regretting, lamenting, despairing. What a mess i'd made out of my privilege to go to a JC.
Was there still hope? i thought bleakly.
I still tried, though. Attended a University Fair with suit-cladded and smiles-filled spokespersons whose countenances immediately changed whenever i revealed my grades. I left with my head hung low, wondering what anyone could do with a disappointment like me.
But what people discard, God uses.
What people despise, God embraces.
What people reject, God opens a door for.
I submitted my applications to NUS, asking God to have His grace upon and allow me to enter so mummy and papa's efforts in working and scrimping and saving so hard to see me to university wouldn't be wasted. My parents' hearts really matter to me. Their smiles are priceless, i tell u. =)
And as they say, the rest is history. It's been an enjoyable 31/2 yrs majoring in English Language. It wasn't what i initially chose to do, but i've come to love it so much, really. Thank God that i've love for what i do--not everyone enjoys their responsibilities in life u know. And human as i am, i definitely must admit how i sometimes still screwed up and therefore took my plc in NUS for granted.
Yet God's grace has been constantly magnificently abundant upon my life. I should have no reason to complain; godliness with contentment is GREAT gain. I'm learning that.
And something sweet to sleep on tonight: His banner over me is LOVE.

8 Comments:
God is gracious!
It was a nice read, english improve liao hor. Hahaha.
Jeanie, thank you for sharing. You have just blessed a soul. (:
liang: my eng is still as atrocious actually haha. Eng Lang studies isn't abt having good english. it's just using Eng to study languages. =)
vanana!: thanks for reading =)
:D
*pinches yixian's cheeks and shakes her up and down*
haha...i love yixian! =)
Thanks, it was an encouraging read :)
hi jeanie!! yeap.i do agree with wad the rest said.Unfortunately, singlish is still somewad part of my lifeee.Bleahz. "."
hello!
so what languages did you have to learn?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home